Invitation To submit Abstracts
for Poster Presentation
12th Dubai International Food Safety Conference
29th and 30th of October 2018
We welcome abstracts of innovative research from the following
- Technology solutions for food traceability
- Big data, data driven systems.
- Emerging food safety risks in the Middle East Region.
- New analytical methods, challenges and developments.
- Prevalence of foodborne illnesses in the Middle East region ( Disease surveillance).
- Outbreak investigations/case studies.
- Pesticide Residues/Exposure studies in the developing world.
- Chemical risk assessment.
- Safety assessment of food contact materials/food packaging.
- Innovative food safety education and awareness programs.
- Regulatory programs/Inspections/Audits.
- Food safety management systems – new approaches.
- Social and economic impacts of food safety.
- Food Security and Sustainability.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
All abstracts and posters must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be approved by all authors before submission.
- Authors — List all authors using the following style: first name or initials followed
by the surname.
- Presenter Name & Title — List the full name and title of the person who will present
- Presenter Address — List the name of the department, institution and full postal
address (including zip/postal code and country).
- Phone Number — List the phone number, including area, country, and city codes of
- E-mail — List the E-mail address for the presenter.
- Title of Paper — The title should be short but descriptive. The title should be
in title case.
- Abstract — Key the abstract into the web-based system with Introduction, Purpose,
Methods and Results
Criteria for Judging Abstracts
- Is the study about one of the priority areas listed above?
- Is the title specific, adequate and concise? Does it accurately describe the study,
study design? or the method of data collection or analysis, the research objective
- Are the aims, objectives, hypotheses or research question(s) clearly stated?
- Are the Methods clearly described? Are the data sources clearly specified? Are the
methods? appropriate to the question being investigated?
- Are results available and described appropriately? Abstracts should not say only
that results will be presented.
- Are the conclusions clear and concise? Do they reflect the aims and objectives?
Are they supported by the results presented?
Abstract submission for poster presentation is open from 1st of April to 31st of
The organizers do not provide any kind of travel support, accommodation nor visa.
The presenter has to make his or her own arrangements.
Questions regarding abstract submission can be directed to: