Invitation To submit Abstracts for Poster Presentation
The Dubai International Conference on Applied Nutrition
07-08 November 2016
You are invited to submit abstracts for the poster presentation sessions during the first dubai international conference on applied nutrition.
The show will feature several scientific symposia, technical workshops, poster sessions and exhibition over
a period of 2 days from the 07th to the 8th of November, 2016. More than 2000 delegates are expected to attend the first edition of the dubai international conference on applied nutrition.
We welcome abstracts of innovative research from the following priority areas:
- Emerging food safety risks in the Middle East Region.
- New analytical methods, challenges and developments .
- Prevalence of foodborne illnesses in the Middle East region ( Disease surveillance)
- Outbreak investigations.
- Chemical risk assessment
- Safety assessment of food contact materials/food packaging
- Innovative food safety education and awareness programs.
- Regulatory programs/Inspections/Audits.
- Food safety management systems – new approaches.
- Social and economic impacts of food safety.
- Food Security.
- Food consumption rates and nutrient intake in the Middle East region
- Innovative nutrition community and education programs.
- Food and nutrition labeling evaluation.
- Nutrition Regulatory Programs.
- Evaluation of food served at schools in Middle East Region.
- Behavioral Impact of Nutritional Labeling on Consumer Buying.
- Behavioral attitudes towards different types of claims.
- Technology impact on eating behaviors.
- Social media impact on nutrition knowledge and awarness.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
All abstracts and posters must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be approved by all authors before submission.
- Authors — List all authors using the following style: first name or initials followed by the surname.
- Presenter Name & Title — List the full name and title of the person who will present the paper.
- Presenter Address — List the name of the department, institution and full postal address (including zip/postal code and country).
- Phone Number — List the phone number, including area, country, and city codes of the presenter.
- E-mail — List the E-mail address for the presenter.
- Title of Paper — The title should be short but descriptive. The title should be in title case.
- Abstract — Key the abstract into the web-based system. In addition, a double-spaced copy of the abstract, typed in 12-point font in MS Word, should be E-mailed to email@example.com at the time of submission. Use no more than 600 words.
Original research abstracts MUST be submitted in the following format through our website:
Introduction: State the reason for pursuing this work (2–3 sentences)
Purpose: State the purpose or objectives of the study (1–2 sentences)
Methods: State the methodology used in the study (2–3 sentences). The methods should be specific enough that researchers in the same or similar field would understand the basic experimental design or approach.
Results:Describe the results obtained in the study (2–3 sentences). (NOTE: Specific results, with statistical analysis (if appropriate), MUST be provided. A statement of “results pending” or “to be discussed” is not acceptable and will be grounds for abstract rejection. Results should be summarized; do NOT use tables or figures.)
Significance: State the significance of the findings to food safety (1–2 sentences) ( NOTE: Do not include reference citations in the Abstract.)
Note: Education abstracts MUST present an improvement or innovation on a proven method in order to educate others (about a food safety related topic). There should be a way to measure the outcomes and substantiate the improvements and/or outcomes. If measured, the sample size should be sufficiently large to represent the intended population.
The UAE Dirham (AED or Dhs) is made up of 100 fils. Coins are in denominations of AED 1, 50 fils, 25 fils, 10 fils and 5 fils. Notes are in denominations of AED 5, 10, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000. The Dirham is fully convertible and is pegged to the US dollar at a current exchange rate of USD 1.00 = AED 3.67.
Poster Presentation Format
- Free standing boards will be provided for presenting posters.
- Posters should be sized 1 X1.5 M and should be readable from 2 M distance.
- Handouts may be used, but audiovisual equipment will not be available.
Abstract submission deadline for poster presentation: .
Acceptance/Rejection notification for poster presentation: .
The organizers do not provide any kind of travel support, accommodation nor visa. The presenter has to make their own arrangements.
Questions regarding abstract submission can be directed to:
Shugufta M. Zubair
Mob: +971 562253362
Office: + 97142064235
Please note that our office working hours are from 7:30 am to 02:30 pm, Sunday to Thursday