Invitation To submit Abstracts for Poster Presentation
11th Dubai International Food Safety Conference
19th and 20th of November 2017
On behalf of the Organising committee of the 11th Dubai International Food Safety Conference, I am pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for the Scientific Poster presentations that will be held on the 19th and 20th of November, 2017.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Predict, Prevent & Protect,” and we aim to focus on timely and trending topics that will address the opportunities and challenges in the emerging technology and data-driven food safety world. To list a few of these, the use of Whole Genome Sequencing to track outbreaks, the use of IoT devices to ensure accurate process monitoring and decision making, use of smart mobile devices to connect us with a network of humans and machines with back-end applications that can manage and analyse data for action in real time….
Over the three days of the event, we will explore opportunities and ideas to use Technology Platforms, Artificial Intelligence; Big Data, Data Analytics and Data Science; IoT Devices; and learn how governments as well as the food industry are using these tools for driving inspections and for decision making in food safety, nutrition and other areas of public health.
While looking at technology and data driven systems as enablers, the conference will, as every year, bring to the room the latest trends and challenges in the more fundamental aspects of food safety, including approaches to food inspections and audits, microbiological and chemical risk assessment, and the human behavioral aspects of food safety management.
We welcome abstracts of innovative research from the following priority areas:
- Emerging food safety risks in the Middle East Region.
- Prevalence of foodborne illnesses in the Middle East region ( Disease surveillance)
- Physical, chemical and microbiological hazards: measurement, assessment and management
- Validation of control measures (cooking, storage, shelf life, disinfection)
- New analytical methods, challenges and developments in food safety
- Safety assessment of food contact materials/food packaging
- Innovative food safety education and awareness programs
- Regulatory approaches to managing food safety or nutrition
- Research work in applied nutrition
- Social, behavioural and economic impacts of food safety and nutrition
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
All abstracts and posters must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be approved by all authors before submission.
- Authors — List all authors using the following style: first name or initials followed by the surname.
- Presenter Name & Title — List the full name and title of the person who will present the paper.
- Presenter Address — List the name of the department, institution and full postal address (including zip/postal code and country).
- Phone Number — List the phone number, including area, country, and city codes of the presenter.
- E-mail — List the E-mail address for the presenter.
- Title of Paper — The title should be short but descriptive. The title should be in title case.
- Abstract — Key the abstract into the web-based system. In addition, a double-spaced copy of the abstract, typed in 12-point font in MS Word, should be E-mailed to email@example.com at the time of submission. Use no more than 600 words.
Criteria for Judging Abstracts
- Is the study about one of the priority areas listed above?
- Is the title specific, adequate and concise? Does it accurately describe the study, study design or the method of data collection or analysis, the research objective or question?
- Are the aims, objectives, hypotheses or research question(s) clearly stated?
- Are the Methods clearly described? Are the data sources clearly specified? Are the methods appropriate to the question being investigated?
- Are results available and described appropriately? Abstracts should not say only that 'results will be presented'.
- Are the conclusions clear and concise? Do they reflect the aims and objectives? Are they supported by the results presented?
Abstract submission deadline for poster presentation: 30th September 2017.
The organizers do not provide any kind of travel support, accommodation nor visa. The presenter has to make their own arrangements.
Questions regarding abstract submission can be directed to:
Shugufta M. Zubair
Office:+971 4 2064235